This project we designed for Plaid using the new Extreme Glitter on the silk petals and Easter eggs. The topiary is firmly set in the container using Plaid’s Faster Plaster. This plaster is a shake and pour, so it is mess free!
FolkArt Metallics – Rose, 2 oz.
FolkArt Acrylic Colors – Buttercrunch, 2 oz.
FolkArt Acrylic Colors – Fresh Foliage, 2 oz.
FolkArt Extreme Glitter – Glitter Hologram
FolkArt Extreme Glitter – Peridot
FolkArt Extreme Glitter – Gold
2 Packages Faster Plaster
Metal floral container
7 Plastic Easter eggs
Silk flower petals pink & yellow
Crocheted flower trim
Easter grass – natural
Ribbons – various patterns and sizes
1. Paint the floral container with buttercruch paint. Add highlights by lightly painting a coat of extreme glitter gold to the container.
2. Cut the dowel rod to the appropriate height for your container. Mix the faster plaster as per the package and set the dowel into the container with the plaster. Allow to dry for 24 house. Paint the dowel with 2 coats of fresh foliage paint. Paint the dowel with 2 coats of extreme glitter peridot. Allow for dry time in between coats.
3. Place the Styrofoam ball onto the dowel by pressing, hot glue to secure to the dowel. Hot glue moss to the ball.
4. Paint the pink petals with extreme glitter gold. Allow to dry. Layer two pink petals with a yellow petal on top. Place a pearl onto a silk pin, pierce the center of the layered petals with the pin, add a drop of hot glue to the back of the petals and poke into the foam ball. Repeat until the ball is filled with petals.
5. Spray prime the eggs and allow to dry. Paint the 2 of the eggs with 2 coats of buttercrunch paint. Paint the 3 of the eggs with 2 coats of fresh foliage paint. Paint the 2 of the eggs with 2 coats of rose paint. Allow for dry time in between coats. Paint the rose and buttercrunch eggs with 2 coats of extreme glitter hologram. Paint the fresh foliage eggs with 2 coats of extreme glitter peridot.
6. Fill the base of the container with Easter grass. Hot glue the eggs in the grass and tie the ribbons in a bow at the base of the ball. Glue layered petals, flower trim and a rhinestone to the front of the container.