1. My maiden name is Bush; I could retire tomorrow if I had a dollar for every time someone asked me if I was related to George 1 or 2. I voted for Obama.
2. My married name is Filian, an Armenian name. (My hubby is half Armenian/half Russian) Our name means Elephant.
3. I worked in film (in the costume department) for almost 10 years. One of my early films was Bottle Rocket and my last film was Vanilla Sky.
4. My husband and I went on one date (Nov. 6th, 1999) before we moved in together. I know – sounds crazy….I got very sick after our first date and he nursed me back to health.
5. My grandmother taught me how to sew at 8 years old – My first sewing project was a pair of pj’s.
6. I have a dog named Max. I dress him in clothes. He loves it – Eddie does not.
7. We call Griffith Park our “Country Club.”
8. I have lots of family – 2 sets of parents, 1 set of in-laws, 1 sister Debbie, 1 brother Mike, 1 sister Erin, 1 step-sister Kathy, 1 step-brother Ken and 1 brother in-law Ruben, 1 brother in-law John, 1 sister in-law Andrea, 1 brother in-law Nick, 1 step brother in-law Tim and 1 step sister in-law Jo-Ellen. I have so many nieces…….8 in total and 1 nephew.
9. I prefer wine over beer, skiing over snowboarding, cream over chocolate, green over blue and I love popcorn.
10. I was nominated for a Daytime Emmy against Martha Stewart for Creative Juice. I was nominated a second time as a producer on my show Witch Crafts.
11. I really do love Mod Podge – I also love E6000 glue, fusible webbing, rhinestones, glitter, my needle nest and my new craft room.
12. I have a Mark Ryden art collection.
13. I once dated a “movie star” – he is in lots of blockbuster films. Sometimes I feel funny when the commercials come on or when my hubby and I pass the billboards.
14. Lifetime movies on Saturday are a guilty pleasure of mine.
15. I knew my great-grand parents.
16. Steve Piacenza and I are as thick as thieves. The first time we went out for drinks (1999) we sang karaoke in Korea Town. We sang, “I got you babe.” The rest is history.
17. I have a fondness for dolls and art with big eyes. My family supports me in my never-ending quest for the best big-eyed dolls and I thank them very much.
18. I am working on an invention that I think can change the world…..UPDATE: my invention is being prototyped with the help of Plaid at Plaid Far East.
19. I was robbed at gun point and once out-drove a tornado…I was pretty far away from the tornado and too close to the gun.
20. I am so happy – I could just giggle!