3 Ring binder
Zipper binder pouch
Felt rectangles– 2 per page
5/8” grommets – 3 per page
Grommet setting tool
1 piece of 3 hole punched paper
Decorating pages supplies:
2. Lay a sheet of 3-hole punched paper over the felt squares, use a marker to mark the position of for the holes. Use a small pair of scissors to make a very small snip where each grommet will be attached.
3. Push the male piece of the grommet through the hole. Flip the felt page over insert the female piece of the grommet over the male. Attach the grommets using the grommet setter and a hammer. Repeat for the other two grommeted holes on the page.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for each page you wish to make.
7. Cut another shape from felt for the “snap” section. Using a purchased snap kit, attach the male piece of the snap to the top of the shape using a snap setter. Attach the female piece of the snap at the appropriate position on the page by cutting a small hole, pushing the piece through to the front and using the snap setter. Snap the felt piece to the page.
8. Cut another shape from felt for the “button” section. Slice a small hole into the felt shape to make the button hole. Use a pen to mark where the button should be stitched. Stitch the button using a needle and thread. Button the felt piece to the page.
Other Ideas for decorating pages:
Seek and Find Page: This is great for road trips! Make cut outs of road sings, buildings, cars, animals, trucks, etc. Use craft glue to attach them to the page. Have the kids look for them while on long trips.
Alphabet game: Cut out each letter of the alphabet and attach to a page. Look for the letters on buildings and signs as you head down the road
Tick Tack Toe: Cut strips of felt and glue them in the crisscross pattern. Ct X’s and 0’s for the game. The game pieces can be stored in the zipper pouch.
Lacing: Cut a shoe out of felt and attach mini grommets to the shoe, add a shoelace. This great way for kids to practicing tying.
Getting Dressed: Cut out a small felt person and attach to the page. Cut out all sorts of clothing, shoes, hats and accessories. (store the clothes in the zipper pouch) Kids will be entertained four hours getting them person dressed.
Counting: Cut out numbers and/or mathematical symbols (age appropriate) for counting and adding.