This vintage inspired Easter basket was made from a thrift shop book, a dollar store plastic bowl and a recycled fed ex envelope.
Mod Podge – Gloss, 8 oz.
Large plastic bowl
Old romance novel
Post card images
Rick Rack trim
Cardboard scraps (I used a fed ex envelope)
1. Remove pages from the book. Trim into small sections for the rim and base of the bowl and large sections for the middle of the bowl.
2. Working on the inside lip and edge of the bowl, apply Mod Podge to the bowl, position the small papers into the Mod Podge, press with your finger and secure with a topcoat of Mod Podge. Repeat this step working on the base of the bowl.
3. Continue covering the bowl with the larger pieces until the entire bowl is covered. Add additional design elements like post card images, magazine clippings or clipart to the front of the bowl.
4. Once dry, hot glue trim and buttons around the post cards. Hot glue tinsel around the edge of the bowl.
5. Fashion a handle by cutting cardboard into a long strip. You may need to piece the cardboard together. Wrap the strip with tinsel and secure with hot glue. Hot glue the handles to the inside of the bowl.