2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Loaf Pan (9X5)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, blend together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla until well blended.
4. Add banana mixture into flour mixture by gently stirring. Do not over stir. Only stir until the flour mixture is moist. Pour batter into a lightly greased loaf pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes. Insert a toothpick into center of the loaf to check to see if the loaf is done. When the toothpick is clean, your bread is done. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Notes: Makes 1 loaf. For extra kick add nutmeg, cinnamon, applesauce, dry ginger or walnuts.