Transform a plain slip into a funky and flirty tie dyed creation. The dyed slips can be worn over a pair of leggings or skinny jeans and they look especially cute with a little pearl button cardigan.
A pale-colored nylon or silk slip
Sequins or rhinestones
1. Wash the slip to remove any sizing if you are working with a new slip.
2. Saturate the slip with water and wring out any excess water. This will allow the dye to distribute evenly.
3. Lay the slip out and fold the slip up in an accordion fashion.
4. Bind off the slip in 6 sections using rubber bands. Make sure the rubber bands are tight. Where ever the rubber bands are the slip will not dye.
6. Rinse the slip until the water runs clear. Remove the rubber bands. Wash the slip in the washing machine with a mild detergent. After washing the slip in the washing machine, you may want to run an empty load with bleach to remove any residual dye.
7. Allow the slip to dry. Use jewel glue to add sequins/rhinestones or other trims and embellishments.