Last week was my first time working with a trainer and it ended horribly embarrassing. Trainer pushed me hard. I was doing exercises that I never thought I would be able to do. 60 crunches, 60 squats, 60 lunges, 60 flying in the air things and 60 pull ups/downs while hanging. I was dripping with sweat and feeling pretty good. We were finished!!! I did it!!! It was time to stretch and shower up.
I headed towards the stretching bench with trainer by my side and then it hit me….my stomach was turning. I felt a little sick. I turned to trainer and said “I feel sick to my tummy” – he said “get to the bathroom!” I started to march off….fully confident that I would make it to the porcelain bowl. Then it hit hard….and before I knew it, in the middle of the gym, I lost my breakfast all over my ponytails, my shirt, my notebook, my headphones and the floor. It was awful. Poor trainer looked so shocked and I just wanted to cry. I began laughing and laughed all the way home. Me and working out were not off to a good start.
The next day, I was scheduled to do cardio at the gym. UGH – the thought of going back was killing me. I was praying that the girl who helped clean up the mess would not be working. I was hoping that she would not remember me. Who was I kidding?! Who would forget the redhead who lost her breakfast the DAY BEFORE. I kept coming up with reasons why I didn’t need to go.
And then I thought about who I am at the core. I’m a girl who gets back on the horse. I’m a girl who never gave a damn about what others thought about me as long as I am happy with me. I’m a girl who doesn’t back down over a little “lost breakfast.” I’m a girl who can laugh at my most embarrassing moments. I’m a girl who needs to get stronger. Yep, I’m a girl who needs to get her tush to the gym and that’s what I did.
Today, was day two with my trainer and thankfully I didn’t get sick. Every time I winced, trainer would ask if I was going to be ok??? It was like we were playing a game of “will-she….will-she-not-get-sick?” I did feel a little twisty-tummy after the work-out but I worked through it and now feel better, stronger and pretty dang good!
1. I need to get stronger. Soon we will have a little one and chances are he/she might be a little bigger than a newborn and this mama’s upper arm strength just sucks. It is pathetic and has to change.
2. I want to eat and drink what I want and at age 42 that means balance and lifestyle alterations. I need more education about working out and I want to make room for fitness in my life.
3. I have a big project in January and I want to look my best for it. I owe it to myself and to the people who believe in and are investing in us.
4. I want to get involved in classes for fun and friendship and to take my mind off of work.
5. I want to push myself and challenge myself in new ways.
Where I am today…….
Joined Crunch Burbank – August 24th
Weight 145 (I don’t have a goal weight…looking for lifestyle change)
First day with Trainer – August 30th (Zocai sp? – he is awesome)
Second day with Trainer – September 4th
Learned that I need to add more protein to my diet – especially after working out.
Laundry, laundry and more laundry. Working out is messy and stinky.