We have new Mod Podge Podgeable shapes at Walmart! You can find them in the DIY Jewelry section in the craft department at select Walmart stores. The clear shapes are perfect for creating charms! This Halloween bracelet was a snap to make!
What we used:
Mod Podge ® Podgeable Clear Shapes
Mod Podge ® Gloss, 8 oz.
Mod Podge ® Dimensional Magic, 2 oz.
Halloween Scrapbook Paper (small images)
1. Trace the Podgeable shapes over Halloween themed scrapbook paper. Cut out the designs. Do this for each shape.
2. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the top of the Podgeable square and to the back of the cut paper. Position the paper on the Podgeable. Smooth with your fingers to remove any air-bubbles. Apply a top-coat of Mod Podge to the photo. Dry for 2 hours. Do this for each shape.
3. Using gem glue, attach rhinestones to the Podgeable shape. Allow to dry completely before moving onto the next step.
4. Place the Podgeable shapes on a hard flat surface. Cover the square Podgeable with Dimensional Magic. Begin around the outer edge, work around the rhinestones and fill until the entire shape is covered. Dry for 24 hours in an undisturbed and non-drafty place. TOP: if you get an air-bubble, pop with a sewing pin.
5. Using pliers and jumprings, attach a toggle clasp to a bracelet length of chain. The most common sizes are 6.5”, 7” and 8”.
6. Begin in the center of the chain, using a jumpring, attach a Podgeable charm to the center of the chain. Evenly space and attach the remaining 4 Podgeable charms. In between each charm, attach a rhinestone dangle with a jumpring.
Tip: When using jumprings, never pull them open. With a pair of pliers in each hand, hold one side the jumpring in one pliers and the other side in the other pliers. The split should be facing up. Move the pliers in a circle motion away and toward your chest to open the jumpring. Attach to your project and close by repeating the circle motion.