Celebrate this St. Patrick’s Day with a DIY party necklace. It was soooo dang easy to whip up! We used Mod Podge to attach papers to the back of our Faceted Shapes and Podgeables. The shamrocks were buttons that we clipped the shanks off with wire cutters… so simple!
Quick 30 Sec. How To Video!
What you need:
Mod Podge Facet Cut Shapes
Mod Podge Podgeable Shapes – Basic Shapes
Mod Podge Sparkle
Inspired Classics – Green Gem Drops 3602
Green dot paper
Flat shamrock charms
1. Trace the large circle Facet Podgeable shapes over green dot paper scrapbook paper. Cut out the circle shape. You can use a circle punch if you have one. Repeat this step for 4 small Podgeable circles.
2. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge Sparkle to the back of the Podgeable Facet Shape and to the top of the cut paper. Position the paper on the back of the Podgeable. Smooth with your fingers to remove any air-bubbles. Apply a top-coat of more Sparkle Mod Podge to the back of the shape. Allow to dry. Repeat for the 4 small Podgeables circles.
3. Using heavy-duty glue, attach a shamrock shape to the tops of the Podgeables. Allow to dry completely before moving onto the next step.
4. Cut a long piece of help cording. Thread beads onto the cord in either a random or balanced pattern. Make this long like a string of Mardi Gras beads. Tie off the end with a triple knot.
5. Attach a jumpring to each shape with pliers. Attach the Podgeables to the strung beads. Position the large Facet Podgeable in the center. Add the smaller ones to the sides. Attach the Green gem drops to the beads.