It’s our favorite time of the year! Halloween is around the corner and that means lots of crafting and DIYs for us! This sweet little owl necklace was made with an Owl Mod Melt, Mod Podge, Dimensional Magic and a Podgeable blank shape. It is super easy so even a beginner and whip this up in no time!
What you need:
Mod Podge Gloss
Rectangle Podgeable Shape
Mod Melts – Milk Glass
Mod Molds – Nature
Orange FolkArt Acrylic Paint
Black FolkArt Acrylic Paint
This October we have a new 4 pack of Podgeable shapes that will be available in the DIY/Craft Jewelry section at Walmart. This set is a 6 piece set that features 2 domino shapes and 4 scrabble tile shapes. We have a large pack of Podgeable shapes that is available at all Michaels stores in USA and Canada.
1. Begin by tracing the rectangle Podgeable shape onto the spiderweb paper. Coat the top of the Podgeable shape and the back of paper with Mod Podge. Position the paper onto the Podgebale shape and smooth any air bubbles with your finger. Top-coat with more Mod Podge to seal it.
2. Make a Mod Melt Owl by heating a Mod Melt Stick in a mini HIGH TEMP glue gun, squeeze the melt into the owl mold. Allow to cool 10 min and then remove. Paint the owl with orange paint and the branch with black paint. Allow to dry. Glue gems to the Mod Melt owl.
3. Glue the owl to the center of the spider web Podgeable shape and rhinestones to the corners. Allow to dry.
4. Apply a thin coat of Dimensional Magic to the top of the Podgeable Shape. Work around the owl and rhinestones. If you get an air bubble, pop with a sewing pin. Allow to dry in a cool and non-drafty place. Don’t more the piece around until after it is dried.
5. Using pliers, attach a jumpring through the hole on the Podgeable shape. Thread a ballchain necklace through the jumpring.
That is it! Easy peasy!