This easy DIY embroidery hoop art for Valentine’s Day is perfect for anyone who wants add a little pop of love in their decorating. The hoops can be found in plastic like the one pictured or you can paint a wood one.
What you need!
FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors – Pink, 2 oz.
Mod Podge ® Gloss, 8 oz.
Mod Podge ® Rocks! Peel & Stick Stencils – Tangier
Mod Podge ® Podgeable Glitters
Soft loose bristle paintbrush
1. Cut a piece of felt to fit inside of an embroidery hoop. Position into the hoop and trim away any excess from the back.
2. Paint the wood letters with Pink paint. Use two coats. Allow to dry.
3. Position the stencil onto the painted letters. Dip the end of the spouncer into Mod Podge and tap the Mod Podge onto the painted letters, over the stencil so that the open areas are covered with Mod Podge. Remove the stencil and set aside. (After glittering, wash the stencil and replace on the carrier sheet.)
4. Poof the gold glitter onto the Mod Podged areas of the painted letters. Allow to dry. Once dry, dry brush the letters with a soft paintbrush to remove the excess glitter.
5. Hot glue the painted letters and paper flowers to the felt.
TIP: For an all over glittered letter, omit the stencil and cover the top of the letter with Mod Podge. Poof glitter over the entire top of the letters.