It’s blog hop time and we are excited to be showcasing our designer pal, Laura Kelly’s, new fabric that features her youthful patriotic drawings. They kids are so sweet and the message is even sweeter. We decided to make a trilogy of crafts that would be perfect for a new baby. All the projects (baby onesie, wipe case and headband) were made with Laura’s awesome fabric and with goodies supplied by the blog hop partners. The base case and headband were from the 1$ store and the onesie was from Target.
Blog Hop Sponsors
Coats and Clark
Buttons Galore and More
- Laura Kelly Fabric (available at JoAnn Fabrics
- Baby Onesie
- Mod Podge Fabric Formula
- Embroidery Floss
- Wipe Case
- Decorative Trim
- Hot Glue
- Hot Glue Finger Caps
- Silk Flower
- Silk Flower
- Pinking Scissors
2. Apply a coat of Mod Podge fabric to the back of the cut heart.
3. Position the heart onto the pre-washed baby onesie.
4. Smooth with your fingers.
5. Hand sew around the outer edge with embroidery floss.
6. Trim around the fabric so it fits the top of the wipe case.
Important: This is FABRIC Mod Podge.
7. Apply Fabric Mod Podge to the side edges of the wipe case.
8. Apply the Mod Podge to the top of the wipe case.
9. Position the fabric on the top of the wipe case.
10. Smooth over the corners.
11. Top-coat with more Fabric Mod Podge and trim away excess fabric.
12.Hot glue trim around the edge of the top of case.
13. Glue gems and flowers to the top of the case.
14. Take apart the flower to separate the petals.
15. Cut the fabric into circles that match the flowers shapes.
16. Sew the fabric circles and petal layers to the headband,
17. Sew a button in the center.