Have you ever seen those paper pumpkins and wondered what to make with them? They really are quite cool and inexpensive. You have so many different options when it come to making something with them. You can decoupage them with Mod Podge, paint them, dip them in glitter or my favorite, add texture paint to them.
FolkArt Acrylic Paint – Pumpkin
FolkArt Texture Paint – Sparkle
FolkArt Metallics – Sequin Black
FolkArt Metallics – Copper
FolkArt Metallics – Antique Copper
FolkArt Acrylic Colors – Autumn Leaves
Mod Podge Glitter – Hologram Gold
Paper mache pumpkin
2 Foam paint brushes
1. Add 1 teaspoon of Autumn Leave paint, 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin paint and a squirt of Metallic Antique Copper paint to the texture paint. Mix well with a plastic knife. Working over wax paper, apply one coat of the texture paint to the pumpkin and allow to dry overnight.
2. Add depth to the pumpkin by highlighting the creases in the Paper mache pumpkin with Metallic Sequin Black paint. Using a semi-dry foam brush, paint around the stem and down the creases. Allow to dry 1 hour. If your pumpkin does not have creases, draw your own.
3. Apply a second coat of the texture paint to the pumpkin and allow to dry overnight.
4. Paint the stem and the surrounding area with the Metallic Copper Paint, allow to dry 1 hour.
5. Using a foam brush, coat the entire pumpkin with Glitter Gold Mod Podge.