We are super excited! Beginning next week we will have a few new products in Walmart for making Jewelry! This Wicked Halloween Necklace features our new pendant trays. This is the Antique Gold finish. The well is deep enough for filling with papers, gems and charms. The whole piece is topped off with Dimensional Magic!
What You Need!
Mod Podge ® Podgeable Metal Pendant, Oxidized Brass
Small flat paintbrush
Mod Podge ® Gloss, 8 oz.
Mod Podge ® Dimensional Magic, 2 oz.
Handful of black
silver and Orange Beads
1. Begin with a rectangle Pendant Tray. Choose your background paper. Trim the paper to fit inside the pendant tray. Use layers of paper if desired.
2. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the pendant tray and to the back of the background paper. Position the background paper in the tray. Smooth with your fingers. Apply a top-coat of Mod Podge.
3. Using Mod Podge as a glue, attach gems to the design around the edge of the pendant well. Allow to dry for 2 hours.
4. Fill in the pendant with Dimensional Magic. Begin around the outer edge and fill until the entire pendant is covered. Dry for 24 hours in an undisturbed and non-drafty place.
5. Create the necklace by first laying out all your beaded chain. Begin by attaching a clasp to the chain with jumprings.
6. Attach a jumpring to the bail on the pendant. Attach the pendant to the chain.
7. Make beaded dangles by threading beads onto long headpins. Leaving enough room for making a loop, trim the end of the headpin. Using pliers, bend back the clipped end to form a loop, attach the loop to the pendant jumpring. Make as many as you wish. For this design we made 5 dangles.
Tip: While the Dimensional Magic is drying don’t move the pendant around or you might get air bubbles. If you do get an air bubble, use a sewing pin to pop it.